2. Post An Informative Bio & add a Profile Photo: This maybe one of the most simplest tips out there but a lot of people still don’t give much attention when it comes to creating a bio or an about page. If you want people to engage with you and follow your updates, they will want to know something about you and see your face. Use keywords that will describe who you are and your interests. Don’t forget to add links to other sites they can find more information about you.
On social media, your profile photo is the first thing people see remember to use a current photo. This way when you get a chance to meet up with your social media friends in person at conferences etc, they will be able to recognize you and see you as authentic.
3. Take Advantage Of Tools Available To Brand Yourself Most social media platforms will allow you to further brand yourself through cover photos and themed backgrounds. Take advantage of these tools available. Choose photos and images that will help show people who you really are and that can be a starting point for engagement and building relationships.
4. Be Active & Engaging Update your status, share links and most important engage with others. If you are the shy type, try re-tweeting or liking other people’s posts. Be sociable, be friendly, be positive and be helpful. Success on social media requires consistency.
2. How to's: Providing clear instructions or tutorials on how to do something is always helpful. How many times have you gone to Pinterest or searched Google for instructions on how to do something? I have hundreds of times! This might be your niche!? Use it to your advantage with engaging your audience with you.
3. Did you know?: Sharing informative tips and facts can be fun! Maybe you enjoy sharing health tips or mystifying facts about the planet, this would be your niche, use it!
4. Video's: If your not shy and you have something to share why not share it with a video?
5. Lists: Everything gets done when its on a list. Organization and time saving projects and errands start with a list. I know quite a few people with this niche, and its a great one to have. If you like to stay on top of things why not share your organization tips on a list. Give people an easy list to follow, watch as you help people organize their lives and get things done.
One or all five of these things just might be your niche! Try them, be consistent and watch your audience and following grow.
So there you have it, our tips and information we shared during our August team meeting. If you have more tips you would like to share, don't hesitate to comment. Until next time - #teambelieve