Challenge: Create a team board for your direct sales team. You can post your party planning tips and ideas, training materials, company policies, product information and more! Or do like I have done, and create a Dream Board for your team. If inspired by this idea, do both!
To add friends to a group board, first create the board and then click the Edit button. On the next page, you can type in the names of other people you would like to add as contributors to your group board. You must follow at least one board belonging to the Pinner you want to invite in order to add them as a contributor. When you add a contributor, they will receive an email to accept the invitation to pin to the group board.
- Group boards are not only a great way to organize ideas and bring people together, but they can also have real tangible benefits for your brand and business.
- Dramatically boost your followers: If users select to “follow all” of any contributor’s boards, then they will be added as followers to a group board you are part of. The increased exposure and visibility you get through group boards will increase your follower growth at a faster rate.
- Exponentially increase the number of repins: The more followers you have the more likely they (and their followers) are to see your content, repin your pins and click through to your website. This means more traffic to your site and potentially more subscribers, customers and clients.
- Put your pinning virtually on autopilot: Implement this strategy correctly and you could get other people creating content for.
- Certainly at the start, Pinterest can be time-consuming but managed well, you could soon have a team of people perpetuating your content for you across their networks.
- Increase engagement and create brand ambassadors.
- Your customers may already be liking, commenting and sharing your content with their followers on Pinterest. But inviting them to pin to your brand’s group board will get them more engaged and involved in your online conversation.
Here are some more tips I have learned along the way:
- Keywords: Adding keywords to the ‘About’ section can be a great way to improve your profile’s visibility, as the next time someone performs an online search with those keywords, your profile could be one of the top results – this can aid you in getting more followers.
- Secret boards: A secret board is only visible to you and people you invite to it. When you add a Pin to a secret board, it won’t show up anywhere else on Pinterest—not in the category sections, search results, your followers’ home feed, your own home feed or even the Pins section of your profile. Secret boards are perfect for hiding Christmas/Birthday gifts etc.
- Right now, you can create a total of 500 boards!! Who has time for that?
- Do you still have Christmas boards on the top rows of your Pinterest? It's defiantly time to move them!
- When pinning don't forget to add the source.
- Keep boards organized with appealing cover photos.
- Don't re post images from Google - be sure to follow the original link and pin from there.
- Don't pin 50 plus images in an hour.
- Always update the pin before you re pin.
- Always verify the link is legit before repining.
- Don't re pin an item over and over again. (annoying!)
- Included searchable terms in your pin descriptions.
- Comment on pins you like, and tag the original pinner.
Good luck and happy pinning everyone.