So let's talk about personal life long goals – and maybe this will help you to get started working on your goals too.
Why set goals? By setting goals and knowing precisely what we want to achieve, we will then know where we have to concentrate our efforts.
Wiki says: Goals are a form of motivation that sets the standard for self-satisfaction with performance. Achieving the goal one has set for oneself is a measure of success, and being able to meet job challenges is a way one measures success in the workplace.
- Career – To be a Younique Elite Presenter within a year from today’s date.
- Financial – To be one of Younique’s top earners within two years from today's date. To be able to support my family,
- Attitude – I have distractions happening in my life and my personal mindset is holding me back from supporting my
- Physical – I would like to lose 30 lbs within a year from today’s date by way of a healthier diet and opening up my
- Happiness – By accepting myself for who I am, to feel respected and to accomplish my dreams.
Some of the things that can lead us into not achieving our goals is:
Keep the steps to achieving your goals simple
Let's envision how and what we will need to do in order to achieve our goals. As new actions come to mind, add them to your written list. Sort of like creating a road map to the finish line. Once you have an Action Plan, set a DEADLINE. Give yourself a deadline on when you will reach each goal and be specific. Milestones are a great way to keep you energized and motivated to follow through. It’s also important to celebrate your success along the way, take the time to congratulate yourself. I'm thinking about my rewards right now!!
Goals are powerful and quitting shouldn't be an option. Look at goal setting in a different light, they can actually be a lot of fun to work towards! Goals have the ability to propel us to places beyond our wildest dreams but we have to remember that success doesn’t come overnight. Consistently working towards them is the key. Prepare for adversity and be willing to adjust your goals as needed. I say it again, quitting shouldn't be an option - we find a lot of us quitting because it's EASY to do so.
Pick a day and commit to changing your routine, set some goals, write them down, create an action plan, set a deadline and make it happen!